After the Ceremony:
Living Room Conversations by Zoom
Following the Ceremony, we are going to offer something that has never been done before – invite you to gatherings hosted by bereaved Israeli and Palestinian families in their homes.
Ten bereaved families will open their homes and invite anyone who wants to join a Zoom conversation with them in their private living rooms.
In these meetings you will hear their stories of loss, and you’ll be able to talk with them about the path they have chosen to take – a path of reconciliation rather than revenge.
You are invited to come, to listen, to ask, and to respond.
The conversations will be held in Hebrew, Arabic and English, with translations when necessary. All the relevant details, explanations, and links will appear on the screen at the end of the Ceremony.
The talks will be held in the homes of the following families:
- Anat Marinin and Ahmed Aljaafri – Bereaved, Israeli, sister, Anat lost her two brothers, Pinchas (Pinka) and Yair, during the Yom Kippur War. She will hold a conversation with bereaved, Palestinian, Ahmed Aljaafri, who lost his two uncles (Hebrew, English subtitles).
- Jamil Kassas – Bereaved, Palestinian who lost his brother in the Deheishe refugee camp (Hebrew, Hebrew subtitles for the hearing impaired).
- Ben Kfir – Bereaved, Israeli father, who lost his daughter, Yael, in an attack at the Israeli military camp Tzrifin (Hebrew, English subtitles).
- Ayelet Harel – Bereaved, Israeli, sister lost her brother, Yuval, in the Lebanon War (Hebrew with Arabic subtitles).
- George Saada – Bereaved, Palestinian, father lost his daughter Christina, who was shot by the Israeli army (Arabic with English subtitles)
- Layla Alsheikh – Bereaved, Palestinian, mother who lost her baby son after being detained at a checkpoint (Arabic with Hebrew subtitles).
- Gili Meisler – Bereaved, Israeli, who lost his brother, Giora, in the 1973 Yom Kippur War (English, no subtitles).
- Aziz Abu Sara – Bereaved, Palestinian, who lost his brother Taiseer, who was beaten by the Israeli army (English, with English subtitles for the hard of hearing).
- Robi Damelin – Bereaved, Israeli, mother, who lost her son, David, killed by a Palestinian sniper (English, without subtitles).
- Rami Elhanan – Bereaved, Israeli father, who lost his daughter, Smadar, in an attack in Jerusalem (English).