As 2018 comes to a close, we want to share with you a few of the action items that we are committed to achieving next year for peace and reconciliation:
1) We will not allow US government cuts to cross-border Israeli-Palestinian peacebuilding activities stop our programs.
“I am committed to upholding the necessary financial and personnel infrastructure that will allow PCFF to continue its flagship cross border educational programs providing hope for Palestinians and Israelis.”
–Efrat Tal, Director of Grants and Finance, Parents Circle
2) In 2019, we are committed to building stronger relationships between peacebuilding civil society organizations, especially in Palestine.
“By strengthening these relationships with partner organizations, there will be increased opportunities for peace-minded organizations on both sides of the border to work together and insist on a peaceful resolution to the conflict.”
–Mazen Faraj, Palestinian Co-Director of the Parents Circle
3) In 2019, we will make our work more visible to the public eye, through public activism and joint demonstrations.
“We will continue to fulfill our moral obligation to change reality, to shout the cry of sanity and peace! We will continue to lead the peace camp, with dedication and determination, for dialogue and mutual respect.”
–Rami Elhanan, Israeli Co-Director of the Parents Circle
4) We will recruit new members to our organization and strengthen our engagement with existing bereaved members.
“Our goal is continuous communication with the members of the Parents Circle, so members on both sides– Israelis and Palestinians together– have a part in all future projects.”
–Mohammed al-Baw, New Media And Member Engagement Manager, Parents Circle
5) We will continue in 2019 to be a source of hope for bereaved Israelis and Palestinians, and an example for the world.
“We see today that there is a German ambassador in Tel Aviv and an Israeli ambassador in Berlin. We can make peace possible here as well. We can release ourselves from the painful memories of the past and look forward to the future together.
–Bassam Aramin, Palestinian spokesperson for the Parents Circle
Will you help us make an even greater difference next year for bereaved Israelis and Palestinians? Please consider making a contribution today.
Your tax-deductible donation will support the joint peace building efforts of Israeli and Palestinian bereaved families.